Title: Wuthering Heights

Author:Emily Bronte

Born:1818

Died: 1848

Book Publication Date: 1847

Setting:  late 1700's to early 1800's, Castle in England

Themes: love and betrail

Main Characters:

Heathcliff: an orphan who was picked up by Mr. Earnshaw to live at Withering heights. He is shuned by the family his entire life but falls in love with Cathrine, Mr. Earnshaw's daughter.

Catherine:  is Mr. Earnshaw's daughter.  She falls in love with Heathcliff but dosent want to marry him because she will let down her family. She ends up marring another man but isn't in true love. His name is Edgar Linton and she only marys him for his money.

Edgar Linton:  is the brother of Isabella and Catherine's husband. He is a good husband to Catherine eventhough he knows she dosent love him.

Isabella Linton:  is Edgar's sister.

Nelly:  House keeper to Catherine. 

Labot Mongold- Grave yard keeper

Other Catherine: The daughter of Catherine and Edgar.

Symbolism: Heithcliff kind of stood for an evil person who has a good heart on the inside. Weithering Heights also was a simbolism of a cold not comforting home.

Distuingishing Charactoristicts: This movie represented how you should fallow your heart. All the money in the world wont make you happy if you arent truly in love.

Response: I didnt really like this movie. It was kind of dark and borring. It reminded me alot of the movies that i have seen that envolve this time period. It was kind of borring and i would not watch it again.

In reply to Elizabeth Murphy

Re: Wuthering Heights

by Anjalika Lobo -
That's what I thought too.  It was really depressing and I didn't understand what was going on half the time.
In reply to Elizabeth Murphy

Re: Wuthering Heights

by Ava Dark -

This movie sounds sort of sad. Seeing as you say it's dark and boring, I'm glad I haven't watched it.

"follow your heart, that's what I always do"