Book 11 discussion

This is getting annoying.

This is getting annoying.

by Shelby Woodby -
Number of replies: 3

I love how everybody makes poor Alyosha their messenger boy. Seriously.

But this book had me confused because everyone was upset and telling Alyosha to go to to someone else and it was just chaos. But whatever. I don't think Dmitri killed Fyodor. It probably WAS Smerdyakov, and he probably hung himself from guilt. How typical.

Right now, I'm just kind of sitting back and looking at this novel through a window, observing. It's hard to figure things out, for me anyway, because I just get this idea that the author wrote this story literally while meaning everything figuratively, or metaphorically. It's as if all the events and characters really represent something deeper. And he must have been insane because personally, I'm too exhausted to try and figure this one out.

In reply to Shelby Woodby

Re: This is getting annoying.

by Marlene Azar -
I agree with you about thinking the story line/characters are symbolic of something.  I think each character has a story of their own, about finding God-- each pretty much is in a different phase.  Or we could just be reading more into the story than we should be.

by Marcus Kisielewski -
Shelby - i believe you are so right. The author must have everything have some secret meaning or point that we can get. From my constant shoulder pain, its hard to think about the meanings, but..i think your right.

by Shauna Raiger -
I agree with you. The book truly is confusing. I am also having a rather difficult time following the events and comprehending exactly what is happening with each of the characters.