Book 6 discussion

Book 6

Book 6

by Victoria Bunker -
Number of replies: 5
I really liked that this book gave us a chance to get to know Zosima better. I think I would have stronger faith in their Elder system knowing that a man who has experienced all the ups and downs of life is guiding me. I liked getting to know what Zosima was liked as a youth and then young adult. Our youth pastor has a saying( that I heard in church today,which is why I am thinking of it) that exclaims that you begin to grow stronger in the broken places. Zosima had lots of broken areas in his life and I can see that  each time he has been broken he has been made stronger, you can hear/see the conviction and the faith in the way he talks to the monks and priests. I understand why someone would seek such a life style although i have always thought it a boring, odious, and less than pleasant way to exist.    
In reply to Victoria Bunker

Re: Book 6

by Marcus Kisielewski -
i totally agree with what you said tori. I loved knowing more about Zosima before he died. Learning about him made me kind of feel like i knew him myself.

by Samantha Giordano -
i agree with you. i think hearing about people when they are still young is interesting. Its like there is so much more to a person than you think and this book showed that with Zosima.

by Miranda Cummings -
I think the Author taught your more about Zosima right before he died so you would miss him more. sad
In reply to Miranda Cummings

by Tariq Elagamy -
does anyone else picture dumbledore when they are reading the parts about zosima, or am i just crazy?
In reply to Tariq Elagamy

by Katie Blacker -
Yeah, when I was reading this, I thought of Dumbledore.
Just for the way he looked, I thought, haha.

It was nice to hear a little about his life, that way he wasn't just this mysterious elder we had heard about this whole time.
He really had a good life, & when he died I was sad.
I admit it.

:)