Book 11 discussion

Book 11

Book 11

by Victoria Bunker -
Number of replies: 1
So in this Second to last Book(WOO!!HOO!!) we learn about ivan and dimities secret. ivan wants dimitri to escape from prision/serbia because inside he really feels gulity, however he has convinced himself that dimitri is gulity. Until that is his last talk with Smerday...(you know) when he confesses his part in the murder and how he framed dimitri becasue he was the logicial one that everyones suspicion would turn toward. Smerdayk.. is very cunning for a stupid peasant. Smerdyak... also tries to convince ivan that he really is guility because he had all the info to know what was going to happen and then he left town and "let" it happen. There was also the weird part with ivan talking to the "devil/his evil half. I think that ivan is really struggling with his belief in God i think that as much as he says he doesn't believe he really does. and when he says that everything is allowed and all the man in earth are crude and weak he really doesn't mean it. He wants to believe that people are honorable and that there is a place for duty and pride and respect. His coflict with the devil is really a conflict between the two pieces of ivan. At the end aoysha runs in and tells ivan that Smerday... killed himself. I definitely didn't expect that one. 
In reply to Victoria Bunker

Re: Book 11

by Marcus Kisielewski -
I didnt expect the creep from killing himself, but im glad he did. Hopefully he did it for the right reasons, but he is dead so we wont know.