Born: December 16th 1775
Died: July 18th 1817
Lived: Steventon until 1800.
Publication: 1833
Setting: (time) 1800's
(place) Dublin and Ireland 
Atmosphere: Late 1800's.
Theme: Do what you love no matter what
Plot:  Jane Austen wants to become a writer. She isn't married and turns down a proposal from Mr. Wisley. She then marries her love Thomas Lefroy who had a bad reputation and makes bad first impressions. 
Characters:
 Jane Austen- (Protagonist) a strong individual who does what she loves
Thomas Lefroy- (Protagonist) stubborn but sweet man
 Mrs. Austen- (Antagonist) Pushy does what she has to to make ends meet.
 Mr. Austen -  (Protagonist) Wants happiness for his daughters.
Lady Gresham- (Antagonist)  spoils her grandson and tries to get what she wants
 Henry Austen - (Protagonist) In love with his cousin
 Eliza de Feuillide- (Protagonist)  She loves her cousin, has money.
 Mr. Wisley - (Protagonist) Wants to impress everyone, mostly his grandmother. can't dance.
Cassandra Austen- (Protagonist) janes loving sister who loses her husband/fiance when he goes to war.
 John Warren - (Antagonist) sneaky,tries to break up jane and Tom.
 Lucy Lefroy - (Protagonist) Likes Tom. Very stubborn.
 Judge Langlois- (Antagonist) Lefroy's uncle who watches over tom, won't allow him to marry jane.
Symbols: Tom shows he really loved Jane by naming his daughter after her and educating his daughter all about her. She becomes a big fan of Jane Austen.
Work: This movie really ties in well with pride and prejudice. It is very alike with their views on individuality and first impressions. I also really enjoyed the love story feel they have. 
My Personal Respose:  I think anne hathaway did an excellent job of playing jane austen. her accent was good and she showed a nice view of women's rights and how it was back then.

i really liked this movie, it was also easier to understand as opposed to Pride and prejudice which had a bigger and more "olden-times" sounding dialog.