Book 7 and 8 discussion

Book Seven and Eight

Book Seven and Eight

by Victoria Bunker -
Number of replies: 2
Ok so at first(Book 7) i was very confused why everyone was so put out by Elder Zosima's body stinking and then I talked to my dad and he told me about how they thought that it they didn't stink that ment that God had like"Chosen them" almost. to me it was just common sense when you die the body decays but i got it. And then(Book 8) i was very confused by Dimitri. His thoughts are very random and he changes his mind all the time. And i thought he killed Fyodor. But i guess not. Anyway this section just seemed incredibly long for something that could have been said much easier. I am beginning to get very tired of this novel. 
In reply to Victoria Bunker

Re: Book Seven and Eight

by Katie Blacker -
Yeah, I was confused by that too.
"What is everyone freaking out about?!" was what I kept saying in my head.
Now, mind you, I read most of this during a very long drive home from Glacier National Park, so I might have been a little drowsy during most of it, but I got the gist, I think, haha.

Dmitry is going crazy, I'm pretty sure.
He lost his mind when he decided to kill his father, & at first he was in a fit of jealous rage when he found Grushenka, & I honestly thought he was going to either kill her, or the guy she was with, but then he started being all happy.
I thought maybe he would finally be happy when she said she loved him, but I guess not, now her has to go to jail forever & ever.
In reply to Katie Blacker

Re: Book Seven and Eight

by Ava Dark -
this is most definitely incredibly long. I feel bad that everyone made a huge deal out of him smelling.