Book 4 discussion

Book 4

Book 4

by Anjalika Lobo -
Number of replies: 3
Okay, so first I just want to say that I 'm really sad that Zosima is dying.  He seems like one of the only good guys in the book.  There's definately a lot here that confuses me.  Like how Katrina refuses to let go of Dimitri even though she know that he loves Grushenka.  I personally think that Dimitri is a big jerk, especially after reading about how he beat up that captain in front of his son.  Even though Katrina tried to pay him back I understand that he wanted to have pride and not take the money.  I'm glad Fyodor finally understands that he doesn't attract young women.  I think that since no one likes him very much anyways, he's still probably wouldn't get any new women even if did have more money.  The one thing that is the most confusing is Lise and her stupid, fake love letter!  Poor Alyosha.  He probably feels really dumb but somehow she still seems like the only person he should be with.  
In reply to Anjalika Lobo

Re: Book 4

by Miranda Cummings -
I hope that Lise and Alyosha get married. I'm hoping that she was just saying its a joke because she thought he thought it was a joke. if that makes sense... yea.

by Miranda Cummings -
I hope that Lise and Alyosha get married. I'm hoping that she was just saying its a joke because she thought he thought it was a joke. if that makes sense... yea.

by Ava Dark -
I, too, am sad that Zosima is dying.  And I am also pretty confused about the book.  Keeping track of all these characters is quite the task, that's for sure. The fake love letter angered me.  It reminds me though, of how sometimes I put fake love letters in people's mailboxes.