Book 4 discussion

Book 4

Book 4

by Victoria Bunker -
Number of replies: 2

Ok so,  I think I  like this book now. I felt very bad for Alyosha though. He has the burdens of the whole town it seems under his watch. All of them believe that he will tell them what they should do, like Katerina tried to do with the whole Ivan thing. Plus, to add on to the burdens of his family and supposive friends, Alyosha gets bitten by a young boy, who he is trying to help, that Mitya actually offended. I felt very bad also for the captain. He seemed like such a good man who had made some very poor decisions, and his unrelenting pride left him no where, and no one, to turn for help. I think that he should have taken the money, but at the same time if I were in his shoes I can't say that I would have taken it either.And then finally it seems that Alyosha will get some really happiness of his own and Lise tries to tell him that the love letter was a lie. I was very angry at her for quite  awhile because of that little joke. But in the end it seems that they will be very happy together and they do seem to truly(?) care for each other. I am very happy that Alyosha finally gets to be the one that is happy for awhile rather than  always trying to satisfy everyone elses need for happiness.( hmm... possible theme... maybe)I really hope Zosima has not died yet!    

In reply to Victoria Bunker

Re: Book 4

by Katie Blacker -

Okay, I seem to be a tad behind. I'm almost finished with book four, but it's taking me forever!

I do feel like Alyosha deserves to be happy, because he's always trying so hard to make everyone else happy.

In reply to Victoria Bunker

Re: Book 4

by Tariq Elagamy -
If you ever want to rat out who is a good person and who isn't, give them money in a time of need. If they don't take it then they are usually good person and wouldn't want to put you at an economic disadvantage to satisfy their own needs. And if they do take the money...well...lets just leave it at that lol.