BOOOOOOOOOK TWOOOOO!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOK TWOOOOO!!!!!!!!

by Shelby Woodby -
Number of replies: 0

Oh. My. Goodness.

This book is sucking my life away-
And it's boring!
What a summer, eh?

ANYway...I'm still in the process of waiting for something interesting to happen with this novel. I'm sure Dostoevsky had good intentions (and, after all, he did go pretty crazy with all these minor details), but this is my last summer as a high schooler and I feel so chained down!

Basically, what I got out of book two is that Dostoevsky portrays Zosima as a pretty perfect fellow. I mean, he never gets upset! Even the perfect Alyosha felt embarrassed when his brothers behaved innaporpriately. Zosima seems like he would be a cool person to know though, and very wise. He thinks that honesty and love are probably the two most important things ever. He also thinks that you need one to obtain the other, in a way.

I also learned how Jerry Springer-like this family is. With all the drama with Dmitri's girls and whatnot...Oh, but what Ivan suggested about letting Christian ways govern and create all the rules and stuff, I think that would be cool. It's weird, though, because he doesn't even believe in God! But Zosima had a point in saying that really, it would be one's conscience who governed them. A person will do what they personally feel is right, and no more. Only, everybody's limits would differ.

Anyway, I'm really sleepy, so I'm going to bed. Good night.