Grand Inquisitor Activity

My delayed Grand Inquisitor answers.

My delayed Grand Inquisitor answers.

by Tariq Elagamy -
Number of replies: 0
I seriously didn't know this was here till today lol

Ivan is so appalled by the injustice of our suffering world that he offers an alternative through the Legend of the Grand Inquisitor. How does Ivan suggest that the problem of suffering could be alleviated through the Grand Inquisitor and the priests of the church?
I am not really sure on this question, but maybe Ivan thinks that the Grand Inquisitor can make the people face reality and learn to work to fix their suffering themselves rather than having someone do it for them and have the people continue to rely on them. Again, I have no real idea what Ivan was thinking, the poem was kinda dumb.

The Grand Inquisitor believes that Jesus does not understand human beings. Explain Jesus' "misunderstanding."
Hmm...maybe he means that his misunderstanding is along the lines that he might be able to perform miracles for people but people will continue to want more and won't stay satisfied for long with what he gives them.

How does the Grand Inquisitor suggest that the church can relieve the human's "burden of freedom"?
These questions get harder and harder...umm, i think he feels that if they commit themselves to the church they wont have to fend for their own, they could have the church tell them what to do and when to do it and ensure their safety.

Why is suffering the price of freedom?
Well in most cases suffering is the price of freedom because to gain freedom you have to defeat the force that is holding freedom back from you. Which can result in wars or fighting thus leading to injuries or death.