Number of replies: 0

Title- Pride & Prejudice
Author- Jane Austen
Born- December 16, 1775
Died- July 18,1817
Lived in England
Published- January 28, 1813
Setting- Early 1800's in England
Theme- Being a good person and having morals is more important than having money.  People are not always as they seem.
Plot- Two wealthy young men, Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley arrive in a small town in England.  They both fall in love with women of the Bennet family.  The Bennet family has 5 girls who don't get along and let money and judgement stand between them.

Characters-
Elizabeth Bennet- is the main character.  When she first meets Mr. Darcy, she misunderstands his behavior and does not care for him much.  When she gets to know him she falls in love with him.

Jane Bennet- is the oldest of the Bennet girls.  She is considered exceptionally pretty by all.  Elizabeth envies her for her indifference towards people.  Her and Mr. Bingley end up getting married.

Darcy- is thought to be arrogant and quite proud.  The more people get to know him, the more people start liking him, especially Elizabeth.

Bingley- is very wealthy and good looking.  Everyone admires him.  He marries Jane.

Mrs. Bennet- enjoys gossip and her only goal is to marry all five of her daughters off.

Major symbols-There is some symbolism with class.  The characters are treated differently depending on the class they are in.

Personal Response- I didn't really like this movie much.  None of the characters interested me.  I feel bad for the girls for having a mother whose only goal is for them to get married.  I'm glad Elizabeth got to know Darcy better and realized he was not what she thought although is seemed boring to me.