Book 11 discussion

Book Eleven

Book Eleven

by Shauna Raiger -
Number of replies: 0
I cannot completely understand why Ivan had a dream about the Devil. Also, why did the Devil inform Ivan of Smerdyakov's suicide? Even more important, I think, is the fact that Smerdyakov committed suicide in the first place. I mean think about it. If he did not have anything to worry about, he probably wouldn't have killed himself. I totally think that he is responsible for Fyodor's murder, and I hope that Dmitry is released in the next book. After all, we readers already know what all took place the night of the murder. Do we not? So, we know that it could not have been him. I hope the jury realizes that as well. As for the rest of this book, I did not entirely find it all that intriguing. I am just confused though. I mean... does Ivan love Katya or not? And why does he talk badly about Lise if he actually likes her? None of that seems to make any sense. Also, I think he is being way too cruel to Alyosha. I mean they are brothers, but Ivan acts like he despises him. This is harsh figuring that they were once pretty close. How can one's belief in God change someone's view of their friend? It is completely stupid.