Book 7 and 8 discussion

book 7

book 7

by Samantha Giordano -
Number of replies: 0

yeah i know 7 and 8 are both due but one late is better then nothing so i will post 8 soon.

I think this chapter was quite strange especially the way Alyosha acted. I think that everyone was bound to be disappointed when they expected miracles and fireworks to happen once zosima died. It's like going to a movie you heard was amazing according to all your friends and you have to see it. then once you see it you are dissappointed because you expected more and it didnt wow you.Just because zosima was a great monk doesnt meen hes going to smell spectacular once he dies, expecially if all they do is rinse him off.

maybe him smelling was a way of god showing that zosima was an ordinary man just like everyone else, but he choose to live his life differently than others did.

I thought Grushenkas onion story had good meaning. If you want to get into heaven you're going to need more than an onion to save you.

poor alyosha, he must be struggling losing his mentor and his idol. when he was laying on the ground crying and kissing the dirt i was a little disturbed though.