Book 7 and 8 discussion

Miracles and Murder

Miracles and Murder

by Marcus Kisielewski -
Number of replies: 1

Third time im posting this..the first time i Timed out before i could finish...which TOTALLY SUCKS! And then the second time my dad decided we were going out to eat, so i couldnt finish...again..but here it is.

Book 7

Ok, everyone keeps exepecting a miracle to occur because of the death of the Elder. However, they cannot figure out why his body is rotting and decaying so early. I loved how the monk that lives out in the hut bursts into the church and makes a huge scene. I wish he would of made a bigger scene or gave a bigger speach or something, because that was cool. Everyones faith seems to be lingering on an old dead man and his odor? its like, COMEON! That should not be the reason you keep your faith or lose it.

Book 8

Finally, excitement and a reason to read this book. I love how Dimitry (my fav brother) thinks his girl is with his father, and finds a weapon and goes to his fathers house expecting to kill him. Instead, he hurts gregory. Which kinda sux for gregory, i mean...ouch? At least fyordor finally dies at the end of this book, and they think Dmitry is the one who did it.

PERSONALLY - I dont know why, but i think aloysha did it. Just because it seems totally unexpected. But, if thats the case, im not sure why the author would consider aloysha his hero.

In reply to Marcus Kisielewski

Re: Miracles and Murder

by Shauna Raiger -
I agree with the whole "stupid reason to lose faith thing". I mean why must the rest of the monks believe that the body's decay is a negative sign. All corpses decay. Do they not?