Book 7 and 8 discussion

Se7en and Ei8ht

Se7en and Ei8ht

by Shelby Woodby -
Number of replies: 3

Seven:

Ok, these people are weird. They expect a miracle to follow Zosima's death, and when they get a simple rotting corpse, they become disgruntled and think he was bad. What the heck??

DEAD PEOPLE DECAY, GENIUSES!!!

And, I was quite surprised by the chemistry between Grushenka and Alyosha. It came out of nowhere, and sickened me, haha. They're both fools. But at least he had a good dream that helped him to be happier.

Eight:

Finally, SOME excitement. Dmitri goes insane, and Fyodor is finally killed (haha, sorry to be so blunt). But this book kinda reminded me of Romeo and Juliet- crazy, twisted, and full of love triangles and confusion that lead to drastic measures (which, by the way, what happened with Gregory??).

In reply to Shelby Woodby

Re: Se7en and Ei8ht

by Marlene Azar -
I think everyone in this book is really superstisous, but I agree that they acted really crazy about the whole smelling body thing.

by Marcus Kisielewski -
Lol, it does kinda remind me of Romeo and Juliet now that you mention it. All the twists and turns, with the huge discussions and drastic thinking.

by Shauna Raiger -
Yeah, I can't believe the idiocy of the other monks either. I mean just because a corpse decays does not mean that the man was not pure at heart. It is totally ridiculous.