Book 5 discussion due by July 20th

hello, book five

hello, book five

by Ava Dark -
Number of replies: 1
I am trying to figure out what the deal is with Lise.  She is now saying that the love letter to Alyosha was indeed fareal.  I think that maybe she just isn't sure about the situation and keeps going back and forth in her head.  She is young and probably not sure what exactly what she's doing.  I do hope that her and Alyosha work out because he seems quite attached to her now. Alyosha looks for Dmitry, and finds Smerdyakov who plays guitar and just happens to know exactly where Ivan and Dmitry are.  Ivan and Alyosha talk.  Ivan wants to open up to Alyosha.  They have a conversation about religion and there seems to be a bit of tension.  I don't think Ivan really established the relationship with Alyosha that he intended to.  I find it very hard to focus and comprehend these parts, because I'm not familiar with the bible, nor am I very interested.  Gregory is sick which makes me sad because I really like him.  I also don't want Zosima to die :(  I'm glad to know a little more about Ivan and can sort of see where he is coming from.  I'm interested to see what is going to happen with Smeryakov and Fyodor, if anything.
In reply to Ava Dark

Re: hello, book five

by Marcus Kisielewski -
The deal with Lise - She is a typical girl, not knowing what she really wants and always changing her mind. Alyosha is a real man (mostly), who will be faithful to those he cares about, and knows what he wants, or at least pretends to..because thats what men do. lol (Im mostly joking..dont take anything too seriously)