Movie Week 2

Moby Dick

Moby Dick

by Marcus Kisielewski -
Number of replies: 3

Please Note - This was written while the movie was being watched. And i apologize for its lateness, accidently downloaded the wrong movie the first 3 times.

TITLE: Moby Dick (the new one)

AUTHOR: Herman Melville

SETTING: Whaling Times, On Ahabs Ship

THEME: Passion, Desire, Obsession

PLOT: Ahab and his men go after the great white whale moby dick, only to be destroyed by what they long to destroy.

CHARACTERS:

((Please Note - All Character names are sounded out so their spelling might not be perfect. Im sorry, im only good at polish and lebaneeze names))

Ishmael - Aparently the narrator of the story. He is poor and timid. Seems extremely shy and scared of the unknown. I feel so sorry for him when that guy enters the room with him. Lmao, its so funny..but so nasty. LMAO - when they wake up, it reminded me of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, holding onto each other.

Ahab - A little wierd. Seems serious, yet joking. He is a little crazy as well. The "Death To Moby Dick". He is passionate, and in pain. Totally out of his mind.

Starbuck - I like him. He is logical and smart.

The Big Brute Guy/Savage/Cannibal ((quequek?)) - Im gonna call him george. Anywayz, george is a pagan, a sweet one at that. Im a pagan as well, so we kind of connect. I love his obedience and his faitfulness to Ishmal.

Old Guy - He is sweet, seeing into the future. I mean, thats sweet.

Pip - Idiotic little child. Does things he isnt suppose to and almost dies for it. Then looses his mind and goes through the captains things. If i was Ahab, that boy would be thrown overboard.

SYMBOLISM:

Moby Dick - Symbolizes alot, mainly depends on the mood/history of the watcher/reader. Personally, moby dick symbolized passion, desire, needs, wants, etc.

Ahab - Devotion and passion. Insanity and madness. The basic whims of mankind.

Starbuck - Sanity, civilization, obedience, logic.

RESPONSE: The church scene was funny! I mean, do people actually buy into that? Sorry if im offending someone, it is not my intent, but i just that his story was hysterical, i was laughing so hard. Otherwise, the movie could of been alot better. HOWEVER, i was drawn into it, i felt like i was part of it. When i got up i was walking with a limp, like ahab. lol. Even when i was writing this review, my screen was moving back and forth like i was on the ocean. But, it is really late so...

I didnt like the movie for a movie, but i liked the movie for its..symbolism and emotions. I mean, the passion that was in this movie, moved me. It was so powerful, and i defiantly see why this movie was a classic.

In reply to Marcus Kisielewski

Re: Moby Dick

by Marcus Kisielewski -
Ok, the one thing i hated about this movie was the whale scenes, so fake looking...it was horrid.