Book 4 discussion

book four

book four

by Samantha Giordano -
Number of replies: 2

Out of all of the books this is the most interesting one for me so far. I like how the plot just seems to get even more and more twisted. Katerina and Grushenka are like destined to be enemies. I think Alyosha and Lise are cute together. I sort of feel bad for Alyosha though, everyone seems to be sending him on tasks and abusing him. I was really suprised when he got bit by the kid, i probably would have smacked him.

I was a little confused by why the poor man didnt accept the money. It seemed like he needed it. His life seemed like it was such a wreck and that money would solve a lot of his problems. It probably would have hurt their families pride and could have affected them negatively though.

I would explain more but im already into book 5 and i might confuse whats going on. I am starting to like this book but the long sections of dialog are kinda hard to read.

In reply to Samantha Giordano

Re: book four

by Marlene Azar -
I think the man didn't accept the money because he was proud and probably was wondering what his son would think of how he got the money-- he probably would have thought he was taking a bribe to keep quiet.