Book 4 discussion

Book 4

Book 4

by Marlene Azar -
Number of replies: 3

A couple of interesting things happened in this book.  First of all, the Elder Zosmia is dying, and he seems to know exactally when he'll die.  A strange monk has been wandering around the monestry asking questions and eavesdropping, but we still have no idea who he is.   There was definately forshadowing of Fyodor's death (when Aloysha visited him--saying I'm still in my prime..what you don't expect to see me again..ect.) I think Katerina is twisted and possibly enjoys acting like a martyr.  She's hurting a lot of people by her choices. The whole story about the boy who bit Aloysha was kind of sad, but I can see why the father wouldn't accept the money, but it's wrong to turn away money that could help your family get the health care they need or acchieve their dreams.  He didn't have to tell his son how he got the money-- he could have made something up.                                                                                    

In reply to Marlene Azar

Re: Book 4

by Victoria Bunker -
I also noticed the foreshadowing of Fyodor's death. I kind of hope it happens soon. I am really not very fond of Fyodor. He never says anything worth hearing and he only makes things harder for Alyosha, who he apparently loves the most of all his sons. 
In reply to Marlene Azar

Re: Book 4

by Marcus Kisielewski -
He defiantly should of accepted the money. Obviously, because his honor shouldnt mean as much as his families well being. He is putting himself first, which is horribly wrong.