Japanese Internment Directions
Read the two sources on the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII. For each document, complete the Written Document Analysis Worksheet. It is also recommended that you watch the video on Japanese Internment.
After you have read both sources, answer the questions below.
1. How did each source conflict or compromise the Bill of Rights? P. 80-82.
2. What rights were most at issue in both sources?
3. What do these documents tell you about the United States at the time they were written?
4. List three things the document says you think are important.
5. Why was this document written? Who is the audience?
6. Why do you think German and Italian Americans were not subject to the same treatment?