· Install antivirus/malware software, update regularly, and use it regularly
· Do regular backups. If your device has an issue it may be the only way to recover your data. Ideally, you should backup your entire system on a regular basis, however if this is not practical, at least backup files that you can’t afford to lose or that would be difficult to replace: documents, address books, important emails, etc.
· When possible, avoid e-mail attachments both when sending and receiving e-mail.
· When you receive e-mail advertisements or unsolicited e-mail, do not open attachments
· Do not trust the icons of attachment file. Worms often use executable files which have an icon resembling icons of picture, text, or archive files to fool the user